There’s lots going on!
I’m pleased and proud to announce that I am being honored as 2007 Woman of the Year by the Sunland-Tujunga Business and Professional Womens Association. There was a regional banquet last November, and the local chapter banquet will be on March 25. Coach D is receiving the Golden Nike Award the same night. Here’s the info:
Elks Lodge, 10137 Commerce, Tujunga
For more info call Penny at 818 541-7543 or to make reservations.
I’d be honored if you would join us. You must RSVP by March 15th!
The STA Calendar is filling up fast!
We have so many events in the works, I hardly know where to start. One thing for certain, we’re gonna need lots of volunteers for some of these ideas.
- The STA will be nominating Joe (our fearless leader) as Honorary Sheriff of Sunland-Tujunga. This is a charity fund-raiser for the Chamber of Commerce, tickets will be sold and whoever sells the most tickets wins the title of Honorary Sheriff. The Honorary Sheriff gets to ride in the July 4th Parade and participates in the Fireworks festivities. Joe’s already trying to pick out his holster and a ten-gallon hat! He’s inspired by the sheriff badge Regina made for him.
- We are thinking about sharing a booth with the Verdugo Hills Golf Course Committee at the Easter Carnival. Stay tuned for more details. This is coming up soon, March 21, 22, 23.
- We’re also considering a booth at Our Lady of Lourdes Family Fun Days, too. This hugely popular fair is May 16, 17,18.
- On April 1, (no fooling) we will be making a presentation to the S-T Chamber of Commerce to introduce the functions and goals of our organization.
- And back by popular demand, we will be having another Yard & Bake sale on May 3, just before Mother’s Day. Same location. Mark your calendars, this is an event not to be missed. Call Paula at (818) 269-2155 to be involved. We need stuff and plenty of volunteers.
I know, I know, I’ve already said it a bunch of times – but we need people to volunteer their time for any of these ideas to succeed. Our effectiveness is based on your participation. Won’t you join us? Contact Joe – email@example.com
Finally, we wish our good friend, Cindy Cleghorn, STNC President, a speedy recovery after her car accident today. She’s okay, thankfully, but we were sure worried about her.